Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Change In The Weather

I will confess to having been pretty tired since the last entry. This morning I couldn't make it through a whole fascicle of Dogen after breakfast, though it was 'Buddha Nature', one of the more impenetrable ones - I was having flashbacks of trying to keep my eyes open during study hall at Tassajara...
Despite going to bed a little later than usual last night, I was still awake before four, which has been an ongoing legacy of sesshin. It seemed to be one of those days when things were out of kilter - I ended up running the wake-up bell, as I hadn't cottoned on to the fact that the fukudo had made other arrangements this morning. I had also forgotten to replace the door-watch for today, who left after sesshin, so I was waiting for replacements to arrive, and very few people were actually showing up in the zendo - only one of the other fukudos made it. I had already arranged to cover for the doan so she could have dokusan during second period, and the head doan was one of a number of people who signed out as having had a bad night's sleep...
I blame the weather; a couple of days of rain moved on this morning, as the photos show and the temperature went up at least fifteen degrees.

No comments: