Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fame and Fortune

Thanks to Kate, who put my entry on Darlene on the Zen Center Facebook page, I had over three hundred visitors on Wednesday - which is not exactly the Huffington Post, but is a lot for this blog. If any of the three hundred are back for more - welcome again. Djinn happened to be up from Tassajara on Wednesday evening, and I had to convey to her the sad news that her wedding was not longer the most viewed post on the blog.
  Wednesday was another big day all round really. We had a rich staff meeting, which started off with us all saying how stretched we felt, how much work we had and how tired we were, and which ended with a very powerful conversation in the group about the values of living in the temple. So powerful in fact, that Anna, the director,  asked us to contribute to her Wednesday evening talk. Luckily this was not one of those talks where I felt like I was about to fall asleep, so when she invited us to step up and say something towards the end, I was right there, feeling sharply focused. Just like when I had to speak in the zendo on New Year's Day, I had an idea of where I was going to start and at least one other point I wanted to make, but I have no idea what came out in the end; the difference is that this time we were recorded, so if you have ever been curious as to how I sound  (I never have been, which is why I was a sound engineer and not a presenter - the same goes for preferring to be behind the camera rather than in front of it), this is your chance to find out, though I leave it to you to figure out which one is me.

No comments: