Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Small Fish

When I went to a new school at the age of almost thirteen the head master talked to the new boys saying "In your last school, you may have been a big fish in a small pond, or a big fish in a big pond, but now, you are a small fish in a big pond". I was thinking of this when I came across the Blogisattvas directory; I don't imagine that anyone has nominated me for this award, and I would be embarrassed if someone has (to the point of delaying posting about it until the nominations had closed), but seeing the extent of the directory was a good exercise in reminding myself that there is nothing special going on here.
So if you are getting bored of reading this, there are undoubtedly many fine blogs to be read out there. And while sitting here waiting for the rain to abate - since it is only raining on weekends at the moment and my bike riding is suffering from it - here is an a-propos and excellent entry I found, which touches a few tender spots in my own blog-life - thanks John.

No comments: