Monday, August 8, 2011

Blowing My Own Trumpet

Apart from going to the zendo, and Young Urban Zen this evening, I think I can take the rest of the day off. I am certainly looking forward to this, and it gives me a chance to work on some other stuff: in the kind of self-promotion that I like to claim I am loath to undertake, I will mention that there is an opening this Friday at 6:30, for my art show, which I have not managed to hang yet, but which is supposed to be in the City Center Art Lounge this month. Please feel invited to come if you want to hear me blather on about the pictures.
Recently I have been wondering what I will do when I no longer have this blog as an outlet, and decided to start a photo Tumblr, so if you find that you enjoy the photos here more than the dharma stuff, and I suspect there are a few of you, or if you are unable to visit the art show in person, which I imagine would be the case for most readers, you can check out some pictures here. I haven't actually put most of the pictures in the show up there yet, but they will appear in time. So far it has mostly been a case of me trawling through my archive of digital pictures from the past five years and pulling out images that speak to me, or that I am fond of for some reason, in a fairly random fashion.
This is the photo that I used for the art show postcard:


9 comments:

Daigan Gaither said...

And if we like both the dharma and the photos, or think they might not actually be that different?

robert barrer said...

Lovely photos, Shundo.

I look forward to seeing your show.

fran said...

great photo, good luck with the show!

Bugwalk said...

Wow, I love that photo. Mesmerizing.

Sandy's witterings said...

Excellent, you do take rather a good photograph - and a range of different types of picture (you do get people seem to take the same kind of photo every time).

Shundo said...

Thank you all for your comments. Daigan, you don't have to go anywhere. Sandy, looking at the pictures I hung up yesterday I did feel they were a little samey, but let's call that being thematic for the show...

caren said...

Gorgeous pics, Shundo. I hope to be there Friday.

Ruth said...

Best of luck with the show. The photos are fabulous and thankyou for posting them on your Tumblr for those of us not able to support you in person. Lovely to see all those great forces of nature collected together.

cohahn said...

Your photos are beautiful Shundo. I chuckled at your Post subject line and being loathe to self-promote - on your blog. I think you should be happy to. Your blog is interesting, thoughtful and your photos beautiful. I think self-promotion can be an act of generosity and in your case it certainly is. Wish I could see the show.