Friday, July 15, 2011

An Ocean of Bright Clouds

A big evening followed by a big morning, with not much sleep in between - and it's going to be a long day today. I'm pretty happy though: after all the testing, the different technical elements worked nicely with no hiccups, we had a good crowd for the reading, and I got to say hello to some old friends as well as enjoying having Graham and Mako here. As we were milling about after the reading, I reminded them about the Full Moon Ceremony, and was delighted to see them coming downstairs in their okesas at 6:30 this morning - and we all bowed together in the kaisando afterwards as well, which was a rare treat for me. The ceremony was also smooth and successful; I think my favourite moment was at the end of the Bodhisattva vows, when the chanting stopped, everyone in unison, and there was just the sound of the small bell resonating through the Buddha Hall.

Most of the panel after the reading: Kim, Graham, Mako, Colleen, Abbot Steve, David
During afternoon zazen I had the idea of running a slide show of post-fire pictures before and after the reading. This is Tassajara from Flag Rock after I had put some flags back up there.

No comments: