Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Preparations

We begin a three day sesshin here tomorrow night, going through to Sunday afternoon, and on Saturday there is a one-day sitting mainly for residents, and I have been trying, with the help of the hard-working front office staff, MacNeill and Caren, to collate all the information I need.Today and tomorrow is mostly going to be given over to the seating charts, the job charts and all the other little details. And then I won't actually be sitting, as I leave for Europe tomorrow lunchtime; after twenty two years of cohabitation, my brother and his girlfriend decided to get married, and chose this weekend to do it, and I was given permission to miss the sesshin so I could attend. So I am getting very involved in something I won't be involved in, and I am hoping that I can leave everything for Keith, who is going to be the acting ino, in a good enough state that he doesn't have to worry too much about how everything is going to happen. Of course things are going to keep changing, especially since the sitting is almost an autonomous event within the sesshin, but I can try.
I am not sure that I will be adding to the blog while I am away, since it will be a vacation from being ino, but we'll see. There will be many opportunities to practise, especially when I am around my family, and I may even do a little sitting, though I like to take occasional vacations from that as well, and my body needs one right now...

No comments: